I haven’t blogged in a while. I have just had a lot on my mind. I have developed a yeast problem – more than likely it stems from the HUMIRA. I have been researching and reading like crazy, trying to figure out what’s going on (with 3 rounds of treatment from the DR). What I have realized, is that all of my problems could possibly be solved with food. Or the lack of certain foods. Is food the source of my Crohn’s Disease. Is food helping my Yeast thrive? Sure looks like there is a link.
But what am I to do? Could I go on a strict diet called the Specific Carbohydrate Diet that has proven to cure some people with Autism (not that I have Autism) and intestinal disorders? Or do I have the strength to go on the very strict Yeast Diet to kill all the yeast in my body? Should I go dairy free or try a gluten free diet? You know, no one has ever tested to see if dairy or gluten was a problem for me.
I feel very overwhelmed! To much info, and I don’t know where to begin! Right now, I am going to continue my healthy eating habits while I do some more research and sort things out. I will keep you posted.
Speaking of food, I decided to spend the entire afternoon in the kitchen, and here is what I did:
Started the afternoon out with a wheatgrass shot with ginger:
I started cleaning out the fridge and decided to juice whatever I could find. Oh my, what a mess!
This is what I found to juice:
Apple, carrot, beet, celery, parsley, and kale
Bulgur Salad:
I made some Hummus:
Then I made Kale/Beans for dinner tonight and Lentil Soup for tomorrow night:
My kitchen smelled so good! Now I don’t have to cook for the next two days!!!!
3 comments:
Hello, I am so sorry about your issues because as I said before I have been there. It is so annoying. I think the cause of mine was birth control pills. Are you on them? I feel like besides diet there has to be something else out there you could take. Have you ever gone to Nutrition Depot (in Chateau Elan shopping center)? If you haven't please go talk to Suzie. I really feel like she could suggest some things for you. How many microorganisms (I think that is what it is called) are there in your probiotic? At Nurtrition Depot there is a powder one that has a high number of those.
Anyway, I hope you can figure it out. Something in your body is obviously out of whack. Good luck! Let me know if you go talk to Suzie what she says.
Kristen
Thanks Kristen! I am going to pay Suzie a visit soon and let you know what she says.
Hi Wendy,
First of all, thanks for stopping by my blog:)
I just wanted to say that I am right there with you on trying to figure out what the best thing for my body is. I have tried the SCD and couldn't do it. It HAS helped SO many people though and every one is different. I have trouble digesting meat, nuts and dairy--all of which are a huge part of the SCD. My biggest improvement has come from seeing a Natureopathic Dr. and supplementing with herbs etc. I also take pro-biotics that have 50 billion good bacteria in them. I started out on 200 billion though(for 7 days). Today will be day 4 on the anit-candida diet and I can already tell a slight difference. That encourages me to keep moving forward with it:) I know it is so hard if you are the only one in your family following a special diet! I cheat a lot and then regret it, but I am learning that if I want to get well, I HAVE to stick to what makes me well! I hope you get some things figured out. If you ever want to e-mail me, my address is on my blog. Sometimes it's just good to have somebody to relate to.
Best wishes!
Kimberly
Post a Comment