Jun 18, 2010

Green Thumb - Wheatgrass

I do not have a green thumb. I just can’t seem to keep anything alive indoors. Our garden is thriving – but that’s cause of Jason’s green thumb. When I decided to try growing wheatgrass, I was nervous that I would mess something up. But I followed the directions to a T and  was very surprised when my wheatgrass grew.

Started with seeds:

growing 009

Once my seeds sprouted, I planted them:

growing 013

Look – it is starting to grow:

mother's day 003

My grass turned green and continued to grow:

mother's day 005

Finished product:

mother's day 031 

I was so excited that I didn’t mess anything up! My wheatgrass juice tasted so good! But this big try was too much for me to use up in a week (next time I will use less seeds and a smaller try). It is a process that takes about 7-10 days and the grass most be tended to daily – but I did it!

No comments: