Feb 10, 2011

A great day with a weird ending!

Today was an awesome day!

1. Claudia had her 100 book club celebration at school. Each 1st grader had to read 100 books before Christmas to make it into the club. I loved how excited she was – she almost couldn’t sleep last night!

feb2010 011

feb2010 012

2. I had coffee with a friend – I wish we would have had more time to chat!

3. I went with Jason to spec out a job in the city. This is the view from the home’s front porch – awesome city view!

feb2010 015

4. We went to eat at Metro Fresh. It was awesome. I had lentil and vegetable soup and a spinach salad with a basil dressing.

feb2010 017

feb2010 016

5. I quickly went to Trader Joe’s next door and purchased the following:

feb2010 025

6. Then we drove to Decatur (to my doctor’s office). I was going to have to pay $3,500 to continue my medicine (silly deductibles), and I just couldn’t shell out that kind of money right now! When I called my nurse to let her know I was going to have to stop my meds because I could pay for it, she told me not to worry – she had plenty of samples.  I went and got 7 pens today and she told me she would call the drug rep to get more when I run out. I am now getting my medicine for FREE! I feel very blessed today!

feb2010 026

7. Drove the girls to ballet:

feb2010 027

8. We ended the day with a hamburger dinner (Marley ate 6 bites this time). We had Cascadian Farms tater tots with our dinner. This is when it gets weird. Towards the end of our meal, Marley took a bite of her tater tot and bit into something. It appears to be a bone! Why would a tater tot contain a bone? Luckily she didn’t choke on it. I will be calling the company tomorrow.

feb2010 031

Just goes to show, you never know what’s in your food!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

so proud of Claudia and that is great about your meds please let meknow what they say about the tarter tot crazy that is why we must chew our food on both sides for 20 times hehehe hope things are going good for you guys we are finishing up basketball next weekend and then a small break before it starts again--- enjoy your weekend