I have been using homemade laundry detergent for a month now and it has worked well for us. I got my recipe from
http://www.christianhomekeeping.com/. She even had a YouTube video on how to make it.
These are the ingredients and cost me around $7.00. I will be able to get about two more batches made from the borax and washing soda. Each batch is supposed to last about 3 months.

Shred up the soap:

Melt the soap, then add borax and washing soda:

Pour in a big bucket of hot water, then add more and more water:

Let it sit overnight. It forms into a watery gel:

I would like to thank my assistants: Marley Jayne and Maya the dog!
It was very easy to make and smells good. I have even checked Jason's work clothes before and after washing to make sure they are getting clean. And they are!
2 comments:
That looks like a pretty awesome thing to make! I'd be worried about spilling the bucket though, what a hideous mess that would be!
Looks like this is the lastest craze I know a ton of people doing this maybe I will give it a try soon!!
Post a Comment