
My medicine:
I will begin a medicine called Humira for my Crohns Disease. The medicine is an immune response modifier that works by blocking a protein made by the body's immune system.
.
This medicine is administered through injection. I will be going to the doctors office tomorrow to learn how to inject the medicine, then I will be injecting myself (I hope, If I can't do it, my mom will).

The first month I have 6 injections, then I will be down to two injections per month. I will let you know how it goes.
.
This is some serious medicine with a huge price tag. My portion after insurance was $550 for the first month, then $181 per month. After much prayer, I was able to receive co-pay assistance through the makers of Humira. I will not pay anything until month six, then I will start paying $50 a month.
.
The weather has been great the past few days, so we have been walking Maya more. Maya is almost two and becoming much more easy to manage. The girls are even able to walk her (I am not far behind).

1 comment:
So excited to hear that you will be able to start the meds I pray that you will feel better really soon and so thankful that GOD has blessed the price tag of it all!!
Post a Comment