I went to the Doctors office today to learn how to give myself the injections. I had my mom go with me for moral support. After I learned all about the shots, I had to give myself two right then and there (I kind of thought that my nurse would give them to me). I decided to start with my stomach and do my legs tomorrow. It wasn't too bad, but it did sting bad! The medicine comes in a pre filled pin. You take the cap off, press it into the skin and press the button. You never even see the needle! I almost pulled the first one back out because of the stinging, but I am supposed to push the button and hold it in for 10 seconds. I was more confident with the second shot. I am pretty proud of myself!
My nurse explained that I will be fatigued for a few days after each shot and that I should (cross your fingers) start responding to the medicine anywhere from a few days to a few weeks.
Mar 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
so glad to hear it went well, you will have the shots down pat in no time, I know when I gave myself them one time, it wasn't to bad after the first week, I liked the thighs and I could do the back of my arms and that was my favorite place call if any questions/ fyi if you cleaned the spot with alcohol it can make it burn too or it is the meds that sting sorry
Post a Comment