Aug 25, 2009

Quinoa

This is just for you Caroline!

So I love Quinoa, and have found this fab dish!

Cooked Quinoa, garlic, sunflower seeds, olive oil spinach and a little bit of cheese.

market 003

I really don’t measure out my ingredients. Heat a little EVOO and toast the sunflower seeds (don’t burn them)! Then add the garlic.

market 005

Then add a big pile of spinach.

market 006

Throw in cooked Quinoa and stir until the spinach is wilted.

market 009

At the very end, add some cheese and lemon juice. I have made it with the lemon juice and cheese, and without – good both ways.

You can eat it hot or cold. Yummy!

market 008

I am bringing this to you Caroline (Quinoa and Sunflower Seeds):

miscaug 010

I saw Giada make this on Food Network the other day. Really good and fresh:

Asparagus and Zucchini Salad:

miscaug 007

Cut up 1 bunch of asparagus and peel 2 zucchini (using veggie peeler). Mix a little EVOO and lemon juice with salt and pepper and toss.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make me hungry with all this fresh healthy food. You go, girl!

Is Quinoa kind of like couscous in taste or oatmealish? I have always wondered never had it.

Kristen

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

This looks like such a great Quinoa recipe. Thanks for sharing at Tasty Tuesday. Just remember to link back so others can find all the fun. :)

Anonymous said...

So excited to make this dish b.c it look DELISH!! Thanks for all of the recipes and goodies- I will return everything on Thursday to you!!
ps- thanks for being so sweet to my boy- He Loves you!!