Oct 12, 2009

Tasty Tuesday - Hummus

I haven’t been to a party lately, so I’m joining in on Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam – check it out!

This week I’m making some Easy Hummus:

You’ll need the following:

1 15oz can of Chickpeas

2 cloves of garlic (I used jarred over fresh)

Juice of 1 lemon

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 Tablespoon Tahini

2 Tablespoon Olive Oil

1/2 teaspoon – 1 teaspoon Cumin (not pictured)

new floors 001

Put all ingredients in the food processor and blend well.

new floors 005

Serve with Veggies of your choice.

new floors 006

Enjoy!

5 comments:

UnfinishedMom said...

I really like hummus, but I've only found organic Tahini around here. It is very expensive. How long does tahini last? does it have to stay refrigerated?

Wendy said...

I found the Tahini at Whole Foods for just under $5. I got it in the refrigerator section so I keep it in there. I am not sure how long it last. I think I will google it!

Kara said...

Looks tasty! Believe it or not, I've never tried hummus! I need to make some and give it a try...I have all the ingredients.

Stacie said...

I love hummus. I will have to give this a try.

Joy @Frugal menu Mamas said...

Yum! I will have to try this if I can ever find Tahini