May 15, 2009

Thrift Store Shopping - a Fashion Show

Every since I was a teenager, I have loved going to Thrift stores. I vowed to only buy second hand clothing this year (Although I did buy a shirt at Walmart for for $5.00 and a new dress clearanced to $9.00).

On the last Wednesday of every month, The Value Village has 1/2 off all clothing and linens. This was my first time going on 1/2 off day and I got all pictured below for $50:




The lamp was $3.00, the purse was $2.60, I got two table clothes for $2.00 each and I even got a airplane pillow case for Isaac for 50 cents.

Onto the clothes, I got Jason 3 pairs of shorts and 2 Mossy Oak Camo shirts. A dress for the girls, sandals for Claudia, and a very nice rain poncho for Marley.

Now my main purpose of my trip was to buy some new clothes for myself. And I thought that I would have a little fashion show for you.

A black top with blue Gap shorts: Print top with a Old Navy skirt:


A women's Mossy Oak Shirt (One of my favorite finds, would have cost at least $20 new) and Gap shorts:


A Liz Claiborne Shirt and red Gap skirt:


Fresh Produce shirt (for the beach, it was only $1.15 and Claudia has a dress in the same print) and yellow Abercrombie Capris


My other favorite item: a wrap dress for $2.65 (the most expensive clothing item of the day).


New Purse for $2.60. This sweater was purchased during a previous trip and I wear it all the time (also pictured is the $5.00 shirt from Walmart):
So I went back again on 1/2 off day and got all this for $12!
3 pairs of shorts and 6 tops:

So, if you are interested in seeing more thrifty fashion, please visit Blancing Beauty and Bedlam.

11 comments:

Jen@Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Oh my goodness - you totally "win" for the hugest and best haul of the day/week. Don't you just love when it's 1/2 off day. I just love seeing all that you got. Thanks for linking up with your Fashion Show. :)

Tracey said...

Wow - that's an amazing number of great deals! I have yet to find that much for myself, but usually do better for my girls. Thanks for sharing all your finds!

Jessica Morris said...

Great deals!
Our local second hand store (the ONLY one in the area!!) doesn't have sales at all :(
You got some great outfits!

Miss G said...

Great outfits! Very cute! I came over from Jen's. Kelly

Bamawhitney said...

WOW, awesome stuff!!!!

Michigan Kate said...

I love that your most "expensive" item was $2.65! You got some great deals!

Susan and Lee said...

Dang Girl, You got some awesome looking things and great deals. I love the clothes and my favorites are the black shirt, dress, and the sleeveless paisley shirt. YOu look great! I may have to come over taht way to get soem deals

Sara said...

You found some wonderful pieces of clothing! Awesome prices. :)

Niki Jolene said...

Wow.

You rock! Lovin that purse.

:)

CandiceM said...

Wow!! You found some awesome stuff!! I'm kinda jealous!! LOL!! LOVE the wrap dress!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Lots of great finds!