Aug 27, 2010

A Trip for Two

A few years ago, Jason and I talked about doing something big for our 10 year anniversary. We specifically dreamed about going away on a big trip. Well, the day came and went and we didn’t go on a big trip. Then, this last December, we were planning a trip to go snow skiing. At the last minute we decided not to go  - we were feeling guilty about spending money and time on ourselves!

Tomorrow is our 11 year anniversary and this time we followed through with our plans. We were able to spend two days together on a houseboat for very little money. We had a blast and did not even feel guilty about it!

Who could argue that investing in your marriage is a bad thing? Who could argue that spending time away from your kids is wrong? In fact, our girls were excited that we went away. Marley said we are “love birds”.

Investing in our marriage makes us a stronger couple and makes us a stronger family. I want our girls to grow up knowing that relationships are real. That marriage is not just two people going through the motions. It is about love, support, respect and fun.

Our boat:

 houseboat 003

The captain:

houseboat 004 

houseboat 007

Lots of relaxing:

houseboat 009

Lots of fun:

 houseboat 013

Dinner night one:

houseboat 019

Dinner night two:

houseboat 033 houseboat 022

Just me and Jason for two days!

houseboat 026

We enjoyed two beautiful sunsets!

houseboat 014

The perfect anniversary trip!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! I would never have thought of that! I am so happy you got to do that. A night away would be awesome! I love all your pictures and you look great.

Kristen Waters