Jun 17, 2009

130 and a New Outfit

I stepped on the scale yesterday and I almost couldn’t believe my eyes! 130 exactly. Although my goal in changing my lifestyle is to improve the inside of my body, I welcome the changes to the outside too!

moremisc09 006

I have never been skinny and have always had a battle with my weight. I weighed about 128 when I got married and 143 when I got pregnant with Marley.

I started serious changes to my life on Jan 1st of this year at which time I weighed 142, that means that I have lost 12 pounds in the last 6 months!

I have lost the weight by changing my diet and running (really I am to slow to call it running, I really should call it jogging).

Losing weight means shopping! All of my new clothes have come from Thrift stores. Here is one of my new favorite outfits:

May09 017

The pants are Ann Taylor. Total cost for shirt and pants: $2.80!

10 comments:

Susan and Lee said...

congratulations! taht is awesome. I lost about 12 pounds, but gained back a few. I would love to start running to help my blood pressure too. I have got to get over there to taht thrift store!

Jen said...

Hooray on loosing weight. I have been shopping for new clothes for the opposite reason, weight gain (I was just diagnosed with hypothyroidism, so hopefully I too can be loosing some weight once I start taking my meds). Cute outfit!

Rhonda said...

Hi,
Coming over from Jen's! Congrats on losing weight and going shopping! Love your outfit and love what you paid for it!

I'm so inspired!

Melanie said...

Great outfit. Great price!
Congrats on the weight loss. I have lost too, and am on day 12 of the 30 Day Shred. I post about it in my sidebar.
Melanie@Bella~Mella

Tracey said...

Congratulations on the progress with losing weight! The outfit is adorable!!

tiarastantrums said...

oh I love to find bargain clothes!!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

YEA - congrats - you look amazing!! And I can see why that is one of your favorite outfits, it's adorable. Thanks for linking up to my Frugal Fashionista party. :)

marmielu said...

You look great! Those pants are really cute, and you did really well with such a great price - for both!
Mary Lou

Laura said...

You look great! I, too, started trying to lose weight in January. The numbers on the scale haven't gone down any, but I can definitely see and feel the difference! Cute outfit!

Unknown said...

Cute and such a good deal! And great job on the weight loss!!